A student who wishes to apply for the Robert Noyce Scholarship “Be Brave, Teach STEM” must satisfy the following criteria:
- is a full time student at Alcorn.
- is a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- is an undergraduate STEM discipline major.
- is a junior or senior at the start of the scholarship award.
- has a GPA of 3.0 or better in math and science.
- completes an interview with the Robert Noyce Scholarship Advisory Leadership committee.
- complete Alcorn’s Noyce Scholarship Agreement.
- pursue a STEM degree leading to teaching certification in mathematics or science at Alcorn.
- be willing to teach in a high-need school district in Mississippi.
Enroll full-time at Alcorn State University in a program of study leading to a Class “A” teacher license in a STEM Area. Successful completion of the requirements for the Pre-Noyce Scholars program.
GPA of 3.0 or Score 21 or higher on the ACT during a national test taken prior to enrollment into the education program.
Have a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA if an entering freshman or 2.75 cumulative college GPA if a continuing college student for initial eligibility, and earn a 3.0 cumulative GPA each term of enrollment to maintain eligibility.
Award Amount and Length of Eligibility
Noyce Scholarship awards up to $10,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years (4 semesters).
The loan repayment obligation can be discharged on the basis of two (2) years of service for any amount of loan received each academic year. Teaching service is defined as being employed as a contracted full-time licensed classroom teacher in a Mississippi public high need school district.