A student who wishes to apply for the Robert Noyce Scholarship “Be Brave, Teach STEM” must satisfy the following criteria:
- is a full time student at Alcorn.
- is a U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- is an undergraduate STEM discipline major.
- is a junior or senior at the start of the scholarship award.
- has a GPA of 3.0 or better in math and science.
- completes an interview with the Robert Noyce Scholarship Advisory Leadership committee.
- complete Alcorn’s Noyce Scholarship Agreement.
- pursue a STEM degree leading to teaching certification in mathematics or science at Alcorn.
- be willing to teach in a high-need school district in Mississippi.