School of Business
The Alcorn State University School of Business offers:
- Bachelor's degrees in:
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Business Administration (MBA) - Specialty Area Offerings (100% online)
The School of Business prepares graduates who will be well-rounded future leaders of high character, who will be competitive in the global marketplace of the 21st century.
The primary objectives of the School of Business are:
- to develop positive leadership and interpersonal skills;
- to prepare students for entry-level positions in business, government, and education, and to provide them with the background needed to strive for higher levels of responsibility in chosen aspects of their lives;
- to provide a strong foundation in the professional business areas upon which students may further develop their knowledge and abilities by pursuing post-baccalaureate studies;
- to develop economic competence to enable an individual to be a productive citizen and a wise consumer of resources, goods, and services;
- to encourage faculty involvement in research and participation in academic and professional meetings in their areas of competence;
- to engage in community outreach through entrepreneurship and small business center services.
Curricula in the School of Business stress problem-solving techniques, analytical skills development and application, couched in computer utilization. A minimum of 121 hours and the passing of a comprehensive exam in business are required for graduation.
The Business School at Alcorn State University envisions a reputation of excellence developed through academic programs operating in a learning environment which enables students of varying cultural and academic backgrounds to acquire and develop the skills and attributes essential to a successful business career in a changing global environment.
The nucleus for this environment is a small class size, dedicated teaching faculty, innovative teaching methodologies and technology, all enhanced through intellectual development.
The Alcorn School of Business is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Click their logo below to visit the ACBSP website.
Click here to view information about Alcorn State University on the National Center for Education Statistics website.
A degree from the Alcorn State University School of Business can open doors throughout your career. Our alumni go on to positions such as:
- Accountant/certified public accountant
- Accounts payable or receivable manager
- Budget analyst
- Business manager
- Credit analyst
- Financial analyst/financial officer
- Governmental accountant
- Investment banker
- Human resource manager
- Insurance underwriter
- Internal auditor
- Management analyst
- Management consultant
- Market research analyst
- Office administrator
- Operations manager
- Public relations specialist
- Supply chain manager