School of Business
The mission of the School of Business is to develop ethically prudent and technically competent future leaders who will make decisions and lead changes that optimize economic competitiveness and ecological sustainability.
The School of Business offers:
- Bachelor's degrees:
- Business Administration (with concentrations in a diverse range of areas, including general management, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, supply chain management and data analytics)
Our business administration undergraduate degree programs prepare graduates to enter the fast paced, technology-driven workplace at the appropriate level of competency, responsibility, and compensation, or to continue their education in graduate or professional school. The breadth of business electives in the curriculum allows students wide latitude in customizing a business degree tailored to meet their specific career goals and objectives. Early meaningful contact between the students and School of Business faculty is an important element of timely graduation and career goal fulfillment and we take pride in our individualized attention to the needs of our students.
- Master's degree:
- Master of Business Administration (with elective clusters in Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and Hospitality - Tourism - Gaming)
The primary objectives of the School of Business undergraduate programs are:
- to develop positive leadership and interpersonal skills;
- to prepare students for entry-level positions in business, government, and education, and to provide them with the background needed to strive for higher levels of responsibility in chosen aspects of their lives;
- to provide a strong foundation in the professional business areas upon which students may further develop their knowledge and abilities by pursuing post-baccalaureate studies;
- to develop economic competence to enable an individual to be a productive citizen and a wise consumer of resources, goods, and services;
- to encourage faculty involvement in research and participation in academic and professional meetings in their areas of competence;
- to engage in community outreach through entrepreneurship and small business center services.
The MBA program aims to develop students who are:
The Alcorn School of Business is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Click their logo below to visit the ACBSP website. To access the School of Business performance metrics: click here
Our graduate programs prepare students to move even further up in business and community organizations. The education at Alcorn instills in them mindsets that help them navigate nuanced business challenges.
An undergraduate degree from the Alcorn State University School of Business can open doors throughout your career. Our alumni go on to positions such as:
Click here to view information about Alcorn State University on the National Center for Education Statistics website.