Expectations of Noyce Scholars
- Enroll full-time (12 credit hours per semester) and complete a STEM degree leading to teaching certification in mathematics or science content areas.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.00 or better. (Should the scholar’s grade point average fall below the required level, he/she will be put in probation and will be given the succeeding semester to improve his/her GPA to meet the requirements. Failure to meet the required GPA requirements after the probation period will result in the termination of their scholarship benefits. Students may submit an appeal to the Robert Noyce Scholarship committee for reconsideration.)
- Be an active member of the Alcorn Noyce Ambassadors Organization
- Take the teaching certification exams before completing degree.
- Teach in a high-need school district in Mississippi.
- Render two years of teaching for every year of scholarship.