How to Apply
To be fully considered for the Alcorn School of Education & Psychology Robert Noyce Scholarship, you need to provide the following:
Complete the online application by March 1.
The online application must be completed each and every academic year for which the applicant seeks aid.
1. Complete the application.
2. Write a 300–500 word personal statement describing your educational and career goals.
3. Include a current résumé that details your education, work experience, honors and awards, extracurricular events and community activities, and employment.
4.Provide unofficial copies of education transcripts from the last two years.
5. Provide two sealed letters of recommendation that address your academic achievement and potential for success as a teacher.
6. Complete an interview. (This will be scheduled upon receipt of application.)
Note: New applicants (those who have not previously received a Noyce award) must submit proof of a score of 21 or higher on the ACT or Passed Praxis Core at the Mississippi Cut Score for admission into teacher education prior to the completion of college coursework. This item may be received directly from ACT or ETS. Applicants will be notified if this document should be submitted separately.