How to Apply
Application Period: October- March of Academic School year
Document Deadline: March 30th of the academic year. Due to Covid-19 the deadline for applying for the Noyce Pre Service Teacher Scholars Scholarship has been extended until June 30, 2020.
Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis, as funding is available. However, priority is given to eligible renewal applicants.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE for Noyce Pre-Noyce Scholars Program
Participation in the Pre-Noyce Scholars Program is a pre-requisite for admission to the Noyce Pre-Service Teacher Scholars Program. Freshmen and sophomores may submit an application to become a Pre-Noyce Scholar which will allow them to ultimately apply for a Noyce Scholarship. In order to be selected, they must be a legal resident of the US pursuing a major in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics; be excited about teaching science and/or mathematics at a Mississippi high-need school. Noyce Pre-Service Teacher-Scholars Program will be selected from Pre-Noyce Scholars Program. Apply Today for the Pre-Noyce Scholars Program.
Complete the online application by August 30 of the Fall Semester for the upcoming academic year.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE for Noyce Pre-Service Teacher Scholars Program
Applicants for the Noyce Pre-Service Teacher Scholars Program must have fulfilled the following academic requirements:
- Must be at least a second semester sophomore at the time of application (at least 48 credits hours earned or in process)
- Completed at least 100 service hours related to STEM and STEM Education
- Completed or be enrolled in ED 348(Foundations of Education), PH 326(Psychology of the Exceptional Child) and PH 336(Education Psychology).
- Must have met the criteria to be enrolled in ASU’s Teacher Education Program (A Praxis Core test Score/ACT/SAT required by Mississippi, GPA of 3.00 or above
Once Applicants have completed the above academic requirements the applicant must:
1. Complete the online application by March 30 of the academic year for the upcoming fall semester. The online application must be completed each and every academic year for which the applicant seeks financial aid.
2. New applicants (those who have not previously received a Noyce Pre-Service Teacher Scholars award) must submit proof of a score of 21 or higher on the ACT during a national test taken prior to the completion of college coursework. This item may be received directly from ACT. Applicants will be notified if this document should be submitted separately.
- Step 1: Complete the application.
- Step 2: Write a 250 words minimum personal statement describing your educational and career goals using the attached prompts.
- Step 3: Include a current résumé that details your education, work experience, honors and awards, extracurricular events and community activities, and employment.
- Step 4: Provide documentation of 100 hrs. of Service in a Teaching Environment.
- Step 5: Provide unofficial copies of education transcripts from the last two years.
- Step 6: Provide letters of recommendation that address your academic achievement and potential for success as a teacher. Click here for recommendation form.
- Step 7: Complete an interview. (This will be scheduled upon receipt of application.)
- Upload your completed application, personal statement, résumé, transcripts and letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
After the Application – the Noyce Scholarship Award Process
- 1. If funding is available, the Office will make award offers as soon as possible after receiving an appropriation, but no later than mid-June.
- 2. To accept an award, new applicants must sign a Master Contract and Note, which includes the program Rules and Regulations. The contract will be signed with pen.
- 3. New and renewal applicants must sign a Private Loan Self-Certification Form every year for which the applicant receives funds. The self-certification form must be signed with pen and returned in hard-copy.
- 4. When the Contract and Self-certification form have been received, the Office will notify the student’s attending institution that the student has been awarded.