Office of Fiscal Officer / Budget Analyst
ROLE OF THE FISCAL OFFICER/BUDGET ANALYST
· To manage, plan, direct, coordinate, monitor and/or supervise financial systems and/or applicable programs within the School of Agriculture and Applied Sciences;
· To oversee the operational, procedures and regulatory requirements;
· To lead, manage, and advise the development of strategic financial plans for efficient and effective allocation of funds and resources; and
· To research and analyze strategic choices and make recommendations to the Dean and Director of Land-Grant Programs that will achieve goals and objectives of the School of Agriculture Research Extension Applied Sciences.
· To ensure students, faculty and staff within the School of Agriculture and Applied Sciences have a better understanding of all aspects of fiscal operations;
· To maintain a positive relationships with Alcorn State University as a whole in relation to fiscal operations;
· To promote efficient and effective utilization of all revenue within the School of Agriculture and Applied Sciences; and
· To ensure that all financial operations, which includes budget, payroll, revenue generation, and hiring matters, are handled in an efficient and effective manner.