Apply to Graduate Nursing
Graduate Nursing School Requirements For Prospective Students
Applicants who are seeking admission to the Graduate Nursing Programs submit a complete application package. The application package includes:
- Completion of the Alcorn State University Graduate School Application.
- Official transcripts for all previous college course work.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average [GPA] of 3.0 or higher in pre-requisite and nursing courses.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores taken within 5 years of application and a score of 3.0 or higher on the Analytical Writing component .
- Current unencumbered license to practice nursing in a state or US territory and eligibility for licensure in the state in which you will complete your clinical practicums.
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation [professional, academic and personal] on official letterhead with original signatures specifying in detail the applicants’ capabilities for graduate study and for future nursing practice.
- If transferring from another graduate nursing program, the applicant must submit a letter of good academic standings from that program.
- An interview with Graduate Nursing Faculty.
- All transfer courses must be approved by the Director of Graduate Nursing Programs.
application fee of $10.00 U.S. (check or money order). This fee applies to out-of-state
- Submission of video presentation/interview. ( See Master of Science Page for link)
Applicants seeking a Post Master’s Certificate must :
- Hold a MSN degree in nursing from a nationally accredited college or university.
- Hold an unencumbered license to practice nursing in a state or US territory and eligibility for licensure in the state in which you will complete your clinical practicums.
- Have successfully completed three (3) P’s with a letter grade of ‘B’ or better: Advanced Pathophysiology [3.0 semester hours course]; Advanced Pharmacology [3.0 semester hours course]; Advanced Physical Assessment [3.0 semester hours course]; and Advanced Physical Assessment Lab [1.0 semester hours course].
The application for admission to graduate school for nursing and all supporting documents should be on file 30 days prior to the date of enrollment.
|Program||Semester of Entry||Application Deadline|
|Family Nurse Practitioner||Fall||March 15|
|Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner||Summer||March 15|
|Nurse Educator||Spring||July 15|
|Post Master's Nurse Educator||Spring||July 15|
If you would like to apply to Alcorn State University as a graduate nursing student, please click on the link below, to connect to the Alcorn State University Office of Graduate Studies website. For first time users click on the button below and follow the instructions to create an account.